Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blogging, Time and Prayer

Yep, haven't blogged in a while. Perhaps it's because my pastor described his view of a blogger: "an old man sitting in his basement wearing his pajamas". I am definitely not 2/3rds of that description. I'll leave it to you to figure out if I fit the other third.

In regards to the title, life has been busy. Busyness... it plagues us all, does it not? I don't think it matters whether it is during the holidays or not either. Life is filled with schedules, meetings, events, deadlines, and of course any level of crisis. I am finding that busyness must not become an excuse for distracting my time and priorities. If I am more busy than normal then that means I am either mismanaging my time or God is up to something in my life and I must remember to pause and see what he is saying and where he is leading.
Listen to what Oswald Chambers says, "Prayer does not equip us for greater works— prayer is the greater work. Yet we think of prayer as some commonsense exercise of our higher powers that simply prepares us for God’s work."
In other words, I may have dozens of projects that are consuming my time but these must not crowd out prayer, for prayer is the "work". God does nothing apart from prayer... just read the book of Acts!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So.... A young man sitting upstairs in his pajamas?