Here are a few quotes I jotted down from the book. Enjoy,
"Winners quit all the time. They just quit the right stuff at the right time." p.3
The "biggest obstacle to success [and effectiveness] in life... is our inability to quit soon enough." p. 22
"The people who set out to make it through the Dip - the people who invest the time and the energy and the effort to power through the Dip - those are the ones who become the best in the world." p. 23
"A woodpecker can tap 20 times on 1000 trees and get no where, but stay busy. Or he can tap 20,000 times on one tree and get dinner." p. 29
Here are 7 reasons you might fail to become the best:
1) You run out of time and quit.
2) You run out of money and quit.
3) You get scared and quit.
4) You're not serious about it and quit.
5) You lose interest or enthusiasm or settle for being mediocre and quit.
6) You focus on the short term instead of the long and quit when the short term gets too hard.
7) You pick the wrong thing at which to be the best in the world.