Friday, October 26, 2007

Vacation # last...


Still have several thoughts from vacation based on the fact that there was a lot of relaxation/down time and was able to spend some dedicated time simply reading some key books. So, I'm sure those thoughts will come out in the future but wanted to finish my "vacation posts" with this: the main purpose of our vacation get away was dedicated family time! I was able to spend pretty much every waking (and sleeping) moment with my beautiful wife and adorable daughter. I think I bonded more with Alethia than she did with me :)

That being said, I want to say that the past 2 weeks I have seen more growth in her than any. Her body is lengthening, her verbals are certainly loudening and her awareness of her parents is increasingly more intimate. [As of today she is 17 lbs 3 oz. and 25 1/2" long]


To make some life application - this is what God wants from us. Every waking (and sleeping) moment is opportunity to grow and increase intimacy with our wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ. I am a man and I love Jesus. I'm not saying this for competition so others can shout the same louder than I. I'm simply saying this because it's a reality that grows every day in my life. Growth is a natural part of life, if it's not then your dead. Christianity is a living, dynamic relationship with a living, vibrant Person. What a wonderful reality. Thank you Jesus for saving my soul and awakening my heart to know you and see you through my family.

No comments: